Consumer Loan Officer
LINCONE Federal Credit Union, a growing community chartered credit union in Lincoln, Nebraska with $44 M in assets and over 7,600 members, is looking for the right person to serve our members with their borrowing needs.
As a Loan Officer, your work is what drives our business! You will be responsible for all phases of lending. This will include initial member contacts, face-to-face meetings at your office, analysis and processing of applications, document completion and closing. You will also represent the face of LINCONE Federal Credit Union to our members and the community, so you must present a professional, but not stuffy, appearance and demeanor.
Some of your specific duties as a Loan Officer will include:
- Interviewing loan applicants to develop information used in performing credit analysis and decision making.
- Establish terms and conditions of approved loans and accurately preparing all loan documents for borrower signatures.
- Handling the entire lending process; gaining experience evaluating loan applications, performing risk analysis and underwriting, making credit decisions and administering loan closings in accordance with policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Building solid relationships with members as well as employees.
- Successfully promoting and matching our products and services to our members.
As a Loan Officer, you must be a self-starter who is energetic, competitive and driven to succeed. You must also have a high degree of accountability, willingness to learn and the desire to build a long-term career. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to quickly establish rapport and credibility with members and employees.
Specific qualifications for a Loan Officer position include:
Our Full-time employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Two to five years of similar or related experience.
- A high school education or GED required. College degree preferred.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy, in addition to common courtesy and tact when dealing with information of a personal or sensitive nature.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, facilitating effective communication with members, employees and others that do business with the credit union.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to pass pre-employment credit, bondability and criminal background checks.
- Employee cafeteria plan, including benefit dollars for health insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- 401K with company match.
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays.
- Business casual dress.
- Free Parking.
- Other insurances available through cafeteria benefit plan.
Send resume to email@example.com
with the subject line "Consumer Loan Officer".